my brother was in jail for arson and i was reliving his story in my dream as him. I was transported to the moment he was about to set the football on fire to destroy the school but right at that moment my brother (and my cousin Debby who was having problems of her own) turned around to face the world for one last moment and the world was so beautiful. all they--or we--can do was cry violently. there was snow and perfectly dimmed lights casting a soft glow over everything in sight. and at that moment, I--as my brother--somehow knew that everything was going to be alright. I felt a deep calm that I've never ever even felt before in real life...like the feeling you get when you're watching a dumb xmas movie and you know that all conflicts--no matter their weight or triviality--are going to be resolved just because it's the holidays. i wish i could see the world that way every day.
{image from i don't remember where}

No comments:
Post a Comment