I’ve reached a weird point in my life. I’m beginning to realize that after all these years, I am nothing more than a big, dumb baby. What have I gained from my education? What have I learned that is beneficial to living my life? What do I even remember from the 30+ units of classes that I’ve taken at university? When will I ever become completely independent? Why am I still stuck in this extended post-grad slump? Have I learned anything from my wasted years of hardcore partying? What have I learned about love? Have I ever been in love? What is love? Have I ever experienced true happiness? Why do I always want to escape any sort of confinement, whether it’s physical or mental? Why am I always being told to be something I’m not? Is there going to be life after death? What is death? Why am I here? Why was I born as myself and not someone else? Is it fair to have been born as myself instead of someone else? What standard do we base fairness on? What the fuck is wrong with this weather? Why am I working here when I’m not even getting paid? Will my studying even pay off in the end? Do I really even want to go to law school? Why do I want to be a lawyer? Why? Why? What? When? Where? Fuck. I don’t even want to know.
All I want to know is...what’s the fucking point? I stress over all these things only to realize that there is no reason to stress when I don’t even know what the fucking point of all this is. Just live. Live as though there is no point. Live unapologetically. Live because we were born into this world whether or not we like it. Live because we are alive. And whether or not there is a heaven or a hell doesn’t even matter because we are here for now and all we can do is make the best of our time being. Make life beautiful instead of something that we must trudge through because in the end nothing will matter or exist except memories.
And twinkies.
No comments:
Post a Comment